Superlum offers a wide selection of wavelength-swept tunable semiconductor lasers
emitting in 750 – 1000 nm spectral range for use in
various applications such as OCT (Optical Coherency Tomography) and other types of
imaging, spectroscopy, fiber sensing, interferometry, etc. Both benchtop instruments
for laboratory use and compact models intended to OEM applications are available.
Benchtop instruments are available with or without internal optical booster for
increasing the output power of a master laser unit. For OEM-designed lasers,
optical boosters are offered as an additional, stand-alone units.
The key benefits of our tunable lasers are:
- Wide ranges of the wavelength tuning: from 55 nm to 110 nm (depends on the model)
- Akinetic design of the wavelength-selective element
- High sweep-to-sweep reproducibility of the operating wavelength
- Electronic control of the laser wavelength
- Perfect flatness of the power-wavelength characteristic with small overall decline
- Optical output through PM fiber ensuring high polarization extinction ratios
- Communication over USB virtual serial port or RS-232 interface
- Superlum's companion software for remote control
- Product customization for a particular application
Depending on the internal design of the instrument, we offer models with either
analog or digital control of the laser performance. All models are RoHS compliant.
Product series overview
Benchtop wavelength-swept, tunable lasers at 785-nm,
840-nm, 930-nm, and 1060-nm
spectral range. These models are intended for laboratory use.
Maximum sweep rate up to 100000 nm/s, optical power up to
20 mW, tuning range up to 80 nm, spectral
linewidth below 0.05 nm, 220 or 110 VAC
(50 / 60 Hz) power line voltage, analog
control of performance parameters.
Compact wavelength-swept, tunable lasers at 790-nm,
840-nm, 930-nm spectral range. Designed for
Maximum sweep rate up to 10000 nm/s, optical power up to
3 mW (up to 20 mW after boosting), tuning range
up to 110 nm, spectral linewidth below 0.05 nm,
+12 DC operating voltage, digital control of performance parameters.
Compact optical power boosters at 790-nm,
840-nm and 930-nm spectral range.
Designed for use with the Broadsweeper-OEM tunable lasers.
Maximum output power up to 20 mW, input power range of
1 – 3 mW, optical 3 dB bandwidth
> 50 nm (depends on the model), +12 DC operating
voltage, digital control of performance parameters.