SLD-CS-series Compact High Power Broadband Light Source Modules are high-power, optically isolated,
high-stability, SM-fiber-coupled broadband light source modules.
Standard models listed in the table below produce broadband emission centered at 670 nm, 790 nm, 840 nm,
880 nm, 930 nm, and 1050 nm.
SLD-CS light source incorporates the most powerful superluminescent diode in selected spectral band, an appropriate polarization-insensitive
fiber-optic isolator and a high-precision current/temperature controller. The SLD module operates in constant power mode.
In the standard models, the SLD can be modulated (ON/OFF) at up to 50 kHz.
Optical output of standard models is coupled into 50 cm long single-mode fiber terminated with an FC/APC connector.
Fiber is protected by a 3 mm tube. The design of the SLD-CS ensures easy use as a stand-alone table-top light source and
also easy integration into customer's systems.
For customers requiring a high-power SLD-based light source without an isolator, we highly recommend to consider our SLD-mCS and SLD-sCS light source modules,
which are miniature versions of the SLD-CS device.
- Very high power and wide spectrum
- Different center wavelengths in 670 – 1100 nm window
- SMF output (PMF upon request)
- Wide range of supply voltage (9 – 30 V DC)
- Integrated fiber-optical isolator
- Main SLD parameters and overall status monitoring capability
- Excellent stability and low noise
- 50 kHz modulation (ON/OFF)
Optical characteristics of standard models
Optical parameters of SLD-CS light sources are given in the table below. The optical spectrum and
the coherence function can be viewed as a web page (HTML) or downloaded in PDF format.
– bell-shaped spectrum, – multi-humped spectrum.