SLD-uCS-series Ultra Compact Broadband Light Source Modules are wide spectrum SM- or PM-fiber coupled light source modules for
applications requiring a reliable, powerful, stable and low-noise SLD light source with a wide and flat spectrum and a short coherence
length. A high-precision current and temperature controller powers the SLD module inside the light source. The SLD output can be
modulated (ON/OFF) at the rate of up to 10 kHz.
The SLD-uCS is a miniaturized version of the SLD-mCS with half the footprint.
The new modules require the same 9-30 V DC supply voltages and allow
the use of switched-mode power supplies. They have the same I/O interface and
controls and the same connections (pinouts and connectors' P/Ns), thus allowing
easy replacement of SLD-mCS light sources in applications were the system size
becomes of critical importance. Similar to SLD-mCS, SLD-uCS light
sources have a fiber pigtail for light output, terminated by an FC/APC connector.
SLD-uCS devices can be built using any SLD of Superlum provided its drive current is
less than 300 mA and SLD chip power consumption does not exceed 0.7 W.
- Compact design, 60 x 79-mm footprint, 24-mm height
- SLD drive current of up to 300 mA
- Wide range of supply voltage levels (9 – 30 V DC)
- External or internal control of SLD power
- Automatic Current Control (ACC) mode
- Automatic Power Control (APC) mode
- 10 kHz modulation (ON/OFF)
- 0…+50 °C operating temperature range(1)
- High stability, low noise
(1) Available in extended temperature ranges
When ordering an SLD-uCS light source, it is only necessary to add "uCS" after "SLD" in the model number
of the SLD module required, unless otherwise specified. For example:
- SLD-uCS-371-HP2-SM – SLD-uCS light source with a standard SLD-371-HP2-SM module inside, fiber pigtail output
- SLD-uCS-381-HP1-PM – SLD-uCS light source with a standard SLD-381-HP1-PM module inside, fiber pigtail output, slow axis PMF alignment
offer now available for SLD-uCS-371-HP1-SM and
Download Technical Product Specification in PDF format (310 KB).